Advanced Torso Stabilizing: Sweeping Weight Shift
September 21, 2010
Use a single handle on this one, watch this move very carefully, it’s deceiving.
Things to feel:
- Hands stay centered in front of chest, meaning arms do not move, they are static and hold the position
- Shoulder blades do not move, they stay on the back, which means chest up and abs engaged
- Rib cage stays over hips!
- Weight shifts from one leg to the next as the move your hips from over 1 foot to the other, knees stay in alignment over the feet, no wobbly knees
- This move looks easy, it is not, because you have to track your position the whole time, no heavy weights, this move is about neurology and feeling, smaller is better.