Shoulder/Core Midline Stabilization: Anterior Deltoid Raises through Alternating Steps
September 27, 2010
Things to feel:
- Chest is opened by pulling shoulder blades together, palms are facing up towards ceiling, slight bend in elbows,
- Body should be full of attention and poise as you move from one foot to the other, smoothly and slowly. When you get connected and integrated you can speed up, the quality of motion should remain smooth not jerky.
- Start weight out small at first 10-15 lbs. Once comfortable you can load up to a 10-15 rep range 2-3 sets only.
- This is a good supportive move on a day of chest and arms or a good sprinkle move on leg day.
- The key to this move is grace, balance and feeling the entire body moving forward and back with ease.